Bigge Crane and Rigging opens HQ in Houston
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2011
Heavy construction contractor Bigge Crane and Rigging has expanded, recently opening its Gulf Coast headquarters at 14800 Jersey Shore Drive in Houston.
Bigge’s newest location is ideally situated to service the Houston petrochemical markets as well as the growing industrial and wind power sectors in the region. This new headquarters will offer crane rental in Houston as well as heavy rigging and heavy transportation throughout Texas and the South. Bigge’s Houston location will also serve as an anchor location for international crane sales through the Port of Houston.
Bigge currently has a sizable rental fleet available, including crawler, tower, and rough terrain cranes, along with man & material hoists all ready to work. Bigge Gulf Coast will have its own dedicated rental and sales staff. Bigge intends to develop its Houston location into a second worldwide hub for crane sales.
“Our current location in Houston couldn’t keep up with our work load,” Joe Nelms, vice president of sales and marketing, said in a written press statement. “Adding to our fleet and moving to this new complex will help us satisfy the demand not just for crane rental, but for heavy transportation and crane sales as well.”
Bigge now has staffed locations in seven states, California (4 locations), Utah, Washington, Arizona, Texas, South Carolina and Virginia.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?401 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs387 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants172 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views