Bigge Crane and Rigging opens HQ in Houston
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 18, 2011
Heavy construction contractor Bigge Crane and Rigging has expanded, recently opening its Gulf Coast headquarters at 14800 Jersey Shore Drive in Houston.
Bigge’s newest location is ideally situated to service the Houston petrochemical markets as well as the growing industrial and wind power sectors in the region. This new headquarters will offer crane rental in Houston as well as heavy rigging and heavy transportation throughout Texas and the South. Bigge’s Houston location will also serve as an anchor location for international crane sales through the Port of Houston.
Bigge currently has a sizable rental fleet available, including crawler, tower, and rough terrain cranes, along with man & material hoists all ready to work. Bigge Gulf Coast will have its own dedicated rental and sales staff. Bigge intends to develop its Houston location into a second worldwide hub for crane sales.
“Our current location in Houston couldn’t keep up with our work load,” Joe Nelms, vice president of sales and marketing, said in a written press statement. “Adding to our fleet and moving to this new complex will help us satisfy the demand not just for crane rental, but for heavy transportation and crane sales as well.”
Bigge now has staffed locations in seven states, California (4 locations), Utah, Washington, Arizona, Texas, South Carolina and Virginia.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency529 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs378 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River337 Views