Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign
Amanda Bayhi | May 14, 2013
AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint and T-Mobile will launch a joint advertising campaign this summer against texting while driving, according to the Associated Press.
The companies will join 200 other organizations in backing AT&T’s “It Can Wait” slogan, which will be featured in TV and radio campaigns.
Other forms of advertising will include store displays, community events, social media outreach and Goodyear’s three blimps, as well as a driving simulator that will make its rounds nationally.
The campaign, which targets teenagers, is scheduled to last until September, though it could continue further.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1009 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse587 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side565 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005341 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments302 Views