Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign
Amanda Bayhi | May 14, 2013
AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint and T-Mobile will launch a joint advertising campaign this summer against texting while driving, according to the Associated Press.
The companies will join 200 other organizations in backing AT&T’s “It Can Wait” slogan, which will be featured in TV and radio campaigns.
Other forms of advertising will include store displays, community events, social media outreach and Goodyear’s three blimps, as well as a driving simulator that will make its rounds nationally.
The campaign, which targets teenagers, is scheduled to last until September, though it could continue further.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2018 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1244 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1033 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...773 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones540 Views