Better Roads up for highly regarded Neal Award
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 25, 2011
The series of articles that ran in Better Roads‘ “Better Bridges” section in 2010 has been nominated for a Jesse H. Neal Award from the American Business Media (ABM) in the “Best Series of Subject-Related Articles” category.
The Jesse H. Neal Awards, which have been called “the Pulitzer Prize of the business media,” are among the industry’s most prestigious and sought-after editorial honors. Named after ABM’s first managing director, who remained active in promoting the business media throughout his life, the Neal Awards were established in 1955 to recognize and reward editorial excellence in business meda publications.
Better Roads editors and members of the Construction Media Division of its parent company, Randall-Reilly Publishing Co., will attend a luncheon on March 10 in New York City to learn whether the series of articles takes the top prize.
To read the series of articles that has been nominated, click on the corresponding links below for a downloadable PDF or go to the Better Roads Digital Edition (www.BetterRoads.com, click on Digital Edition in the left-hand navigation bar and choose the various issues: February 2010, May 2010, August 2010 and November 2010.)
- February 2010 “Better Bridges” section: “Building Blocks for Bridges: Big chunks of polystyrene foam are helping rapid replacement bridge projects.”
- May 2010 “Better Bridges” section: “Arch Artistry: The Route 219 deck arch bridge over Cattaraugus Creek in New York used a complex tie system, a massive crane and a creative erection process.”
- August 2010 “Better Bridges” section: “All Together Now: A bridge project that started out under intense scrutiny in an environmentally- sensitive area is now being cheered and even has the locals putting their own touch on the bridge.”
- November 2010 “Better Bridges” section: “2010 Bridge Inventory: The State of Your Bridges. Our exclusive survey of bridge conditions in the United States.”
MORE FROM Better Bridges Research Papers
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident976 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles971 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse710 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side564 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views