Bergkamp’s Variable Width Spreader Box offers flexibility in micro surfacing applications
Amanda Bayhi | April 17, 2014
Bergkamp has released its Variable Width Spreader Box (VSB), which is designed to offer flexibility in micro surfacing work.
Avaialble in 8- to 13-foot, 9- to 14-foot and 10- to 15-foot models, the VSB eliminates construction joints with its ability to expand and contract while paving. An optional 16-foot width is also available.
The unit has four augurs: two to feed the material to the center of the box, and two to evenly distribute the mix during placement.
The VSB connects to the paver’s hydraulic system and adjusts when the operator uses the levers located on the handrails of the box. The fully expandable, hydraulically driven ribbon augers have a 12-inch pitch, while the primary and secondary strike-offs can slide within a guide tube when the box expands or contracts during paving.
The unit is designed to fit Bergkamp pavers but can be customized for other brands.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]915 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong854 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths745 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus422 Views