Bergkamp’s slurry seal & micro surfacing paver carries 12 cubic yards
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 7, 2012
Bergkamp’s M212 Slurry Seal & Micro Surfacing Paver, the manufacturer’s largest truck-mounted paver, can carry 12 cubic yards of aggregate in a level struck load, 691 gallons of asphalt emulsion and 691 gallons of water, and features a 65-gallon stainless steel additive tank.
The pugmill, conveyor and all liquid material tanks are removable for easy cleaning. All tanks are bolted in rather than welded. Asphalt emulsion and water tanks are separate components, which eliminates possible rust-through and contamination of products.
The M212 has a full-width working platform that allows operators to easily see both sides of the unit, the spreader box and the material being placed. In addition, a remote sideshift control lets the spreader box operator control the box from the ground.
The unit is powered by an onboard 99-horsepower Cummins diesel engine located at the front of the unit in an enclosed engine compartment that reduces noise for the driver and crew.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2230 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project540 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans491 Views
- How to protect roadworkers from hearing loss313 Views