Begeman named to Surface Transportation Board
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 28, 2011
President Obama said he will nominate Ann Begeman, the Republican staff director at the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, to be the third member of the Surface Transportation Board (STB), the Journal of Commerce reports.
Begeman will replace Charles D. Nottingham, the former STB chairman who is now the sole Republican board member, according to the publication. He is retiring from the rail regulatory board, and his term ends Dec. 31. Begemen will join Democrats Daniel R. Elliott, who is chairman, and Vice Chairman Francis P. Mulvey.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views
- SCDOT signs biggest road project contract in over a decade159 Views