Begeman named to Surface Transportation Board
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 28, 2011
President Obama said he will nominate Ann Begeman, the Republican staff director at the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, to be the third member of the Surface Transportation Board (STB), the Journal of Commerce reports.
Begeman will replace Charles D. Nottingham, the former STB chairman who is now the sole Republican board member, according to the publication. He is retiring from the rail regulatory board, and his term ends Dec. 31. Begemen will join Democrats Daniel R. Elliott, who is chairman, and Vice Chairman Francis P. Mulvey.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series825 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?497 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group353 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines181 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget159 Views