Begeman named to Surface Transportation Board
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 28, 2011
President Obama said he will nominate Ann Begeman, the Republican staff director at the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, to be the third member of the Surface Transportation Board (STB), the Journal of Commerce reports.
Begeman will replace Charles D. Nottingham, the former STB chairman who is now the sole Republican board member, according to the publication. He is retiring from the rail regulatory board, and his term ends Dec. 31. Begemen will join Democrats Daniel R. Elliott, who is chairman, and Vice Chairman Francis P. Mulvey.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles923 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse712 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side555 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments303 Views