Begeman named to Surface Transportation Board
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 28, 2011
President Obama said he will nominate Ann Begeman, the Republican staff director at the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, to be the third member of the Surface Transportation Board (STB), the Journal of Commerce reports.
Begeman will replace Charles D. Nottingham, the former STB chairman who is now the sole Republican board member, according to the publication. He is retiring from the rail regulatory board, and his term ends Dec. 31. Begemen will join Democrats Daniel R. Elliott, who is chairman, and Vice Chairman Francis P. Mulvey.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Firearms to be used for road construction775 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events688 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes598 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines531 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up466 Views