Baltimore bridge tolls increased
Tolls on Baltimore Harbor bridges and tunnels increased Jan. 1, the first of two toll hikes during the next 18 months.
Cash rates for 5-axle vehicles on the JFK Highway (I-95) and the Hatem Memorial Bridge (U.S. 40) will go from $30 to $36 on Jan. 1 and to $48 on July 1, 2013.
For the Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95 and I-395), Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895) and Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695), the cash toll for 5-axle trucks increases from $12 to $18 on Jan. 1 and $24 on July 1, 2013. For the Harry W. Nice Bridge (U.S. 301) and William Preston Lane (Bay) Bridge (U.S. 50 and U.S. 301), the cash rate rises from the current $15 to $36 by 2013.
MORE FROM Economics
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding573 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable430 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future343 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views