Baltimore bridge tolls increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Tolls on Baltimore Harbor bridges and tunnels increased Jan. 1, the first of two toll hikes during the next 18 months.
Cash rates for 5-axle vehicles on the JFK Highway (I-95) and the Hatem Memorial Bridge (U.S. 40) will go from $30 to $36 on Jan. 1 and to $48 on July 1, 2013.
For the Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95 and I-395), Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895) and Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695), the cash toll for 5-axle trucks increases from $12 to $18 on Jan. 1 and $24 on July 1, 2013. For the Harry W. Nice Bridge (U.S. 301) and William Preston Lane (Bay) Bridge (U.S. 50 and U.S. 301), the cash rate rises from the current $15 to $36 by 2013.
MORE FROM Economics
- More states ban ET-Plus guardrail system480 Views
- Man survives excavator falling 60 feet from overpass194 Views
- S.C. highway construction worker killed in hit and run188 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues124 Views
- Cement shortage taking its toll on Minnesota projects121 Views