Baltimore bridge tolls increased
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 3, 2012
Tolls on Baltimore Harbor bridges and tunnels increased Jan. 1, the first of two toll hikes during the next 18 months.
Cash rates for 5-axle vehicles on the JFK Highway (I-95) and the Hatem Memorial Bridge (U.S. 40) will go from $30 to $36 on Jan. 1 and to $48 on July 1, 2013.
For the Fort McHenry Tunnel (I-95 and I-395), Baltimore Harbor Tunnel (I-895) and Francis Scott Key Bridge (I-695), the cash toll for 5-axle trucks increases from $12 to $18 on Jan. 1 and $24 on July 1, 2013. For the Harry W. Nice Bridge (U.S. 301) and William Preston Lane (Bay) Bridge (U.S. 50 and U.S. 301), the cash rate rises from the current $15 to $36 by 2013.
MORE FROM Economics
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax742 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards391 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund373 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?324 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete288 Views