Badger Equipment: Self-propelled mounted excavator
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 17, 2011
The 470 TM from Badger Equipment Co. isn’t a new concept.
The truck-mounted telescoping excavator concept has been around since the 1950s. But now the mounted excavator makes it easy for municipalities and counties because it’s designed to be drive on the highway. At Better Roads press time, production was slated to start Oct. 1 for the 215 horsepower, Tier 3 machine (with Tier 4i production beginning after Jan. 1.).
The mounted excavator is a self-propelled machine, with an automatic transmission and comes in two- and four-wheel drive. “It can be driven from the upper cab or in a ‘creep mode from the back of the cab,” Paul Marxen, Badger Equipment Co. sales and marketing manager, told an Aggregates Manager and Better Roads editor at the 2011 American Public Works Association Show in Denver.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards82 Views