Badger Equipment Co.: Self-propelled mounted excavator
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 6, 2011
The 470 TM from Badger Equipment Co. isn’t a new concept. The truck-mounted telescoping excavator concept has been around since the 1950s. But now the mounted excavator makes it easy for municipalities and counties because it’s designed to be drive on the highway.
At Better Roads press time, production was slated to start Oct. 1 for the 215 horsepower, Tier 3 machine (with Tier 4i production beginning after Jan. 1.). The mounted excavator is a self-propelled machine, with an automatic transmission and comes in two- and four-wheel drive.
“It can be driven from the upper cab or in a ‘creep mode from the back of the cab,” Paul Marxen, Badger Equipment Co. sales and marketing manager, told Better Roads at the 2011 American Public Works Association Show in Denver. For a walkaround video of the 470 TM from the American Public Works Association Show 2011, go to New Road Products in the Better Roads Digital Edition
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River674 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update329 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness258 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options254 Views