Badger Equipment Co.: Self-propelled mounted excavator
The 470 TM from Badger Equipment Co. isn’t a new concept. The truck-mounted telescoping excavator concept has been around since the 1950s. But now the mounted excavator makes it easy for municipalities and counties because it’s designed to be drive on the highway.
At Better Roads press time, production was slated to start Oct. 1 for the 215 horsepower, Tier 3 machine (with Tier 4i production beginning after Jan. 1.). The mounted excavator is a self-propelled machine, with an automatic transmission and comes in two- and four-wheel drive.
“It can be driven from the upper cab or in a ‘creep mode from the back of the cab,” Paul Marxen, Badger Equipment Co. sales and marketing manager, told Better Roads at the 2011 American Public Works Association Show in Denver. For a walkaround video of the 470 TM from the American Public Works Association Show 2011, go to New Road Products in the Better Roads Digital Edition
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Proposed bill would raise federal gas tax by $0.15 for highway funding563 Views
- VIDEO: This concrete buffer is nearly unstoppable414 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future340 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views