August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 19, 2011
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts542 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse416 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers94 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches77 Views