ATSSA awards Rep. Jason Altmire with Roadway Safety Champion Award
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 22, 2010
The American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)announced today that it has awarded U.S. Representative Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) its Roadway Safety Champion Award.
Altmire, who has introduced H.R. 3355, the Older Driver and Pedestrian Safety and Roadway Enhancement Act, is an ardent champion of roadway safety infrastructure, according to ATSSA.
The organization says that his leadership and vision for older driver and pedestrian issues is driving a new, vibrant discussion about roadway safety on Capitol Hill.
Rep. Altmire, upon being notified of the award, stated, “I am truly honored to receive this award. Throughout my time in Congress, one of my top priorities has been improving our nation’s transportation infrastructure. Going forward, I will continue to advocate for policies that make our roads and bridges safer for drivers of all ages.”
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident975 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles961 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse726 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side569 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments304 Views