ATSSA awards Rep. Jason Altmire with Roadway Safety Champion Award
The American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)announced today that it has awarded U.S. Representative Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) its Roadway Safety Champion Award.
Altmire, who has introduced H.R. 3355, the Older Driver and Pedestrian Safety and Roadway Enhancement Act, is an ardent champion of roadway safety infrastructure, according to ATSSA.
The organization says that his leadership and vision for older driver and pedestrian issues is driving a new, vibrant discussion about roadway safety on Capitol Hill.
Rep. Altmire, upon being notified of the award, stated, “I am truly honored to receive this award. Throughout my time in Congress, one of my top priorities has been improving our nation’s transportation infrastructure. Going forward, I will continue to advocate for policies that make our roads and bridges safer for drivers of all ages.”
MORE FROM Industry
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)823 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects587 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D347 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says259 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers247 Views