ATSSA awards Rep. Jason Altmire with Roadway Safety Champion Award
Tina Grady Barbaccia | April 22, 2010
The American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA)announced today that it has awarded U.S. Representative Jason Altmire (D-Pa.) its Roadway Safety Champion Award.
Altmire, who has introduced H.R. 3355, the Older Driver and Pedestrian Safety and Roadway Enhancement Act, is an ardent champion of roadway safety infrastructure, according to ATSSA.
The organization says that his leadership and vision for older driver and pedestrian issues is driving a new, vibrant discussion about roadway safety on Capitol Hill.
Rep. Altmire, upon being notified of the award, stated, “I am truly honored to receive this award. Throughout my time in Congress, one of my top priorities has been improving our nation’s transportation infrastructure. Going forward, I will continue to advocate for policies that make our roads and bridges safer for drivers of all ages.”
MORE FROM Industry
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?698 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax623 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards476 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund403 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete268 Views