Atlanta auction has record number of bidders
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | September 29, 2010
More than 2,100 people from 45 countries registered to bid at a multi-million dollar public unreserved auction conducted by Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in Atlanta, Georgia, on Sept. 22.
Ritchie Bros. set new company records for the most registered bidders and most registered online bidders at the Atlanta auction. More than 1,100 of the 2,100 bidders registered to bid online in real time at www.rbauction.com. Bidders competed for more than 1,900 heavy equipment items and trucks.
There are more than 90 upcoming Ritchie Bros. public unreserved auctions, including the next Atlanta auction scheduled for December.
MORE FROM Industry
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker223 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges134 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver128 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase128 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon106 Views