Astec quarterly profit better than expected
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 19, 2010
Road construction equipment maker Astec Industries Inc. posted better-than-expected quarterly profit, but said weakness in its domestic sales could continue for another 12-24 months if the new Highway Bill is not passed, Reuters reported on Oct. 19.
Fewer states are putting out projects to bid as a $286 billion highway bill — one of the richest and most popular legislative undertakings for states — is on hold, according to the Reuters report.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?439 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group163 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views