Astec quarterly profit better than expected
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 19, 2010
Road construction equipment maker Astec Industries Inc. posted better-than-expected quarterly profit, but said weakness in its domestic sales could continue for another 12-24 months if the new Highway Bill is not passed, Reuters reported on Oct. 19.
Fewer states are putting out projects to bid as a $286 billion highway bill — one of the richest and most popular legislative undertakings for states — is on hold, according to the Reuters report.
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts541 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse409 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster91 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers87 Views
- Deteriorating roads cost Michigan drivers nearly $4 billion annually78 Views