Astec quarterly profit better than expected
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 19, 2010
Road construction equipment maker Astec Industries Inc. posted better-than-expected quarterly profit, but said weakness in its domestic sales could continue for another 12-24 months if the new Highway Bill is not passed, Reuters reported on Oct. 19.
Fewer states are putting out projects to bid as a $286 billion highway bill — one of the richest and most popular legislative undertakings for states — is on hold, according to the Reuters report.
MORE FROM Economics
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker270 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes154 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges143 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon114 Views
- Polls show states do not support gas tax increase101 Views