ABC honors Congressman Eric Cantor
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 17, 2010
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) on June 17 presented U.S. Congressman Eric Cantor (R-Va.) with its Free Enterprise Legislator of the Year award.
“Congressman Cantor has been on the frontline on issues that help advance free enterprise and the merit shop construction industry,” said 2010 ABC National Chairman Jim Elmer, founder and president of James W. Elmer Construction Co., Spokane, Wash., in a written statement. “He is a great friend of ABC and a strong ally in Congress, and we are grateful for his support.”
Besides representing Virginia’s 7th Congressional District, Cantor serves as Republican Whip in the U.S. House of Representatives. In addition, he sits on the House Ways and Means Committee, which has direct jurisdiction over taxes, trade and entitlement programs. Cantor is being recognized by ABC for his outstanding job in uniting opponents of excessive government spending. He also voted for ABC’s key issues 100 percent of the time during the 111th Congress.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax222 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues111 Views