ARTBA-TDF recognizes safety programs, campaigns, technologies in ‘Roadway Work Zone Safety Awareness Awards’
Amanda Bayhi | September 10, 2013
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) presented eight public and private sector organizations with awards for their commitment to promoting safety during the association’s 15th annual “Roadway Work Zone Safety Awareness Awards” on September 9 at ARTBA’s National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The competition recognizes programs, campaigns and technologies that help reduce roadway work zone accidents, injuries and fatalities. ARTBA chose winners in three categories: Outreach Campaigns, Training Programs and Innovations in Technology.
The winners are:
- DBi Services, LLC: “National Work Zone Safety Week Billboard & High School Outreach Program” (Outreach Campaign/National Level – First Place)
- Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT): “Don’t Zone Out.” (Outreach Campaign/State Level – First Place)
- Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT): “Be Safe. Drive Smart.” (Outreach Campaign/State Level – Second Place)
- Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT): “I-15 CORE Lane Split Education Campaign” (Outreach Campaign/Local Level – First Place)
- DBi Services, LLC: “Work Zone Safety Training” (Training Programs/National Level – First Place)
- Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA): “Traffic Manager’s Training Course” (Training Programs/State Level – First Place)
- North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA): “Maintenance Department Safety Program” (Training Programs/Local Level – First Place)
- Provo River Constructors, a Joint-Venture Company: “I-15 Corridor Expansion Project” (Training Programs/Local Level – Second Place)
For more information about the winners of the “Roadway Work Zone Safety Awareness Awards,” visit artba.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving349 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness290 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options275 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget222 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River204 Views