ARTBA-TDF calls for Roadway Work Zone Safety Awareness and Contractor Safety nominations
Amanda Bayhi | June 25, 2013
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) has announced that it is accepting nominations for the 2013 “Roadway Work Zone Safety Awareness Awards” and the “Contractor Safety Awards.”
The “Roadway Work Zone Safety Awareness Awards” recognize programs that aim to reduce roadway work zone construction accidents, injuries and fatalities. This award has three categories: outreach campaigns, training programs and innovations in technology. Nominations for this award are open to any individual or organization.
An independent panel of judges will evaluate the entries and select winners.
The “Contractor Safety Awards” recognize industry firms that implement outstanding employee health and safety programs. ARTBA members in the Contractors Division are eligible apply for one of three categories, based on number of employee hours worked during the previous year: 1,000,001 or more; 500,001-1,000,000, or 500,000 or fewer.
Qualification is based on a contractor’s OSHA Recordable Rate, with the benchmark below 4.6. Finalists will make a presentation to the ARTBA Safety and Insurance Committee on September 8 at the ARTBA National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
ARTBA will recognize winners of both awards at an ARTBA Foundation Awards Luncheon on September 9.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views