ARTBA reminds motorists to drive carefully in construction zones during July 4 holiday
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2013
The upcoming Independence Day holiday will likely bring more traffic to the roadways. And with highway construction season in full swing, safety is a top priority.
That’s why the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) is reminding drivers to stay alert and slow down in construction zones this holiday.
It’s also important to remember that, according to AAA, the holiday travel period begins July 3 and ends July 7.
In its efforts push for safety over the holiday, ARTBA is offering these tips to help drivers safely make their way through work zones:
Pay close attention to signs and work zone flaggers,
Merge as soon as you see work zone signs.
Turn headlights on to make your vehicle more visible to workers.
Expect the unexpected; Watch for workers and their equipment.
For more information about work zone safety, visit workzonesafety.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?439 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views
- DOT Chief Foxx points to $2.5 billion for transit in Obama’s proposed budget152 Views