ARTBA presents three contractors with national safety awards
Amanda Bayhi | September 18, 2013
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) last week recognized three transportation construction industry firms for their worker safety programs.
ARTBA-TDF presented contractors from New Jersey, Florida and California with its Contractor Safety Awards during the association’s national convention September 9 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The foundation selected six finalists based on their OSHA recordable rates that were below the industry average and their low workers’ compensation experience modifier rates. A panel of judges selected the winners based on corporate safety culture, operational safety plans and worker training programs.
ARTBA-TDF categorized the winners according to the number of employee hours worked during the previous year:
500,000 or fewer hours: Tilcon, Inc., Wharton, New Jersey
500,001 to 1,000,000 hours: Superior Construction Company Southeast, Jacksonville, Florida
More than 1 million hours: Granite Construction Company, Watsonville, California
ARTBA-TDF’s Contractor Safety Awards is a program designed to promote worker safety and health as core values of the transportation design and construction industry.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River674 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs395 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business379 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update349 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan209 Views