ARTBA presents three contractors with national safety awards
Amanda Bayhi | September 18, 2013
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) last week recognized three transportation construction industry firms for their worker safety programs.
ARTBA-TDF presented contractors from New Jersey, Florida and California with its Contractor Safety Awards during the association’s national convention September 9 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The foundation selected six finalists based on their OSHA recordable rates that were below the industry average and their low workers’ compensation experience modifier rates. A panel of judges selected the winners based on corporate safety culture, operational safety plans and worker training programs.
ARTBA-TDF categorized the winners according to the number of employee hours worked during the previous year:
500,000 or fewer hours: Tilcon, Inc., Wharton, New Jersey
500,001 to 1,000,000 hours: Superior Construction Company Southeast, Jacksonville, Florida
More than 1 million hours: Granite Construction Company, Watsonville, California
ARTBA-TDF’s Contractor Safety Awards is a program designed to promote worker safety and health as core values of the transportation design and construction industry.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]901 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong811 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths746 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers630 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views