ARTBA presents three contractors with national safety awards
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association’s Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) last week recognized three transportation construction industry firms for their worker safety programs.
ARTBA-TDF presented contractors from New Jersey, Florida and California with its Contractor Safety Awards during the association’s national convention September 9 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The foundation selected six finalists based on their OSHA recordable rates that were below the industry average and their low workers’ compensation experience modifier rates. A panel of judges selected the winners based on corporate safety culture, operational safety plans and worker training programs.
ARTBA-TDF categorized the winners according to the number of employee hours worked during the previous year:
500,000 or fewer hours: Tilcon, Inc., Wharton, New Jersey
500,001 to 1,000,000 hours: Superior Construction Company Southeast, Jacksonville, Florida
More than 1 million hours: Granite Construction Company, Watsonville, California
ARTBA-TDF’s Contractor Safety Awards is a program designed to promote worker safety and health as core values of the transportation design and construction industry.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014556 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields327 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG266 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers257 Views
- 25 Days of Rollouts: Flink FXP Snowplow Expands to 17 Feet226 Views