ARTBA presents 2nd annual LōTrans virtual conference, exhibition
Amanda Bayhi | October 9, 2013
The Transportation Officials Division of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) will host its second annual Local Transportation Management Virtual Conference & Innovation Showcase online November 19-20.
The show last year was the first to deliver a safety education and exhibition experience to officials through the Internet.
LōTrans 2013, as ARTBA calls it, will feature a “Work Zone Safety Best Practices” program, which focuses on topics such as liability, hazard communications, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards and more.
The two-day virtual conference is scheduled to include nearly 15 sessions, with most focusing on transportation technologies like driverless vehicles.
Attendees who participate in educational sessions will have to opportunity to receive Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse will host presentations during the conference, while the Innovation Showcase hall will allow industry firms to display products and services and meet with public officials.
For more information, or to register for this event free of charge, visit lotransvirtualconference.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2196 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1268 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project541 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans476 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 308 Views