ARTBA presents 2nd annual LōTrans virtual conference, exhibition
Amanda Bayhi | October 9, 2013
The Transportation Officials Division of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) will host its second annual Local Transportation Management Virtual Conference & Innovation Showcase online November 19-20.
The show last year was the first to deliver a safety education and exhibition experience to officials through the Internet.
LōTrans 2013, as ARTBA calls it, will feature a “Work Zone Safety Best Practices” program, which focuses on topics such as liability, hazard communications, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) standards and more.
The two-day virtual conference is scheduled to include nearly 15 sessions, with most focusing on transportation technologies like driverless vehicles.
Attendees who participate in educational sessions will have to opportunity to receive Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse will host presentations during the conference, while the Innovation Showcase hall will allow industry firms to display products and services and meet with public officials.
For more information, or to register for this event free of charge, visit lotransvirtualconference.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts521 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse371 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views