ARTBA-organized resource sponsors National Work Zone Safety Awareness Week activities
Amanda Bayhi | April 17, 2013
The National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse, managed by the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Foundation, is a sponsor of 2013 National Work Zone Awareness Week activities.
National Work Zone Awareness Week lasts from April 15-19 and aims to raise awareness about the need to drive cautiously in work zones.
This year’s theme, “Roadway Work Zone Safety: We’re All in This Together,” highlights the need for greater safety from everyone affected by work zones, including state agencies, road workers, drivers, bicyclists, motorcycles, pedestrians, emergency response, law enforcement and utility workers.
In addition to the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse, this week’s sponsors include Federal Highway Administration, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the American Traffic Safety Services Association.
For more details about National Work Zone Safety Awareness Week, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views