ARTBA-organized resource sponsors National Work Zone Safety Awareness Week activities
Amanda Bayhi | April 17, 2013
The National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse, managed by the American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Foundation, is a sponsor of 2013 National Work Zone Awareness Week activities.
National Work Zone Awareness Week lasts from April 15-19 and aims to raise awareness about the need to drive cautiously in work zones.
This year’s theme, “Roadway Work Zone Safety: We’re All in This Together,” highlights the need for greater safety from everyone affected by work zones, including state agencies, road workers, drivers, bicyclists, motorcycles, pedestrians, emergency response, law enforcement and utility workers.
In addition to the National Work Zone Safety Information Clearinghouse, this week’s sponsors include Federal Highway Administration, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and the American Traffic Safety Services Association.
For more details about National Work Zone Safety Awareness Week, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2271 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority625 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles590 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views