ARTBA names Peter Embrey director of sales
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 2, 2011
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) has named Peter S. Embrey its new director of sales. Embrey has more than 20 years of experience in sales and association management.
He is responsible for boosting advertising in ARTBA publications, sponsorships and exhibition space at a variety of ARTBA conferences and workshops. He also plays a key role in membership development, particularly with ARTBA’s Materials & Services Division.
Previously, he held positions with the American Trucking Association, Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance and the National Association of Manufacturers. Dealing with executives in a variety of industries, his duties included membership recruitment and retention, product sales and services and exhibition trade show sales and sponsorships. He has also created and managed fundraising programs for the Republican National Committee.
Embrey is a Vietnam veteran who served as a Military Intelligence Officer with the U.S. Army. He graduated from Archbishop Carroll High School in D.C., and attended Mt. St. Mary’s College in Emmitsburg, Md.
Established in 1902, ARTBA is the consensus voice of the transportation construction industry before Congress, the White House, federal agencies, the news media and general public.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views