ARTBA hosting Traffic Management & Work Zone Safety Power Workshop at Intl. Bridge Conference
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 3, 2010
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) will be hosting a two-day “Traffic Management & Work Zone Safety Power Workshop” in conjunction with the International Bridge Conference in Pittsburgh June 8-9.
Industry experts will present on nighttime roadway construction work, federal regulations and worker protection as well as provide insight about the latest strategies in temporary traffic control.
Session topics include the following:
- “Federal Activities Update,”
- “Injury Hazards in Road and Bridge Construction,”
- “Health Hazards in Road and Bridge Construction,”
- “Safety Benefits from Accelerated Bridge Construction,” and
- “Preventing Falls in Work Zones and Bridge Construction Sites.”
At the event, the ARTBA Foundation will also announce the winners of its 2010 “Work Zone Safety Awareness Awards.”
Registration for the workshop is free and Professional Development Hours are available.
To view the full program and register, visit www.workzonesafety.org or contact ARTBA’s Lisa McCluskey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MORE FROM Industry
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party465 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax322 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction205 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax189 Views
- Flagman caught boozing on the job184 Views