ARTBA: Mobilize to make highway, transit bill a 'priority'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 24, 2010
Dr. Pete Ruane, president and CEO of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), called the transportation industry to action today in a grassroots speech delivered via video on the association’s Website.
In the address, he urged transportation design and construction professioanls to take advantage of the upcoming July 4 and August congressional breaks to provide to demonstrate strong grassroots support by meeting with their congressional delegations to urge them to make passage of a multi-year, robustly-funded highway and transit bill a priority in 2010.
To provide pertinent information for grassroots efforts, ARTBA has developed the Mobilize Grassroots Action Guide.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views