ARTBA: Mobilize to make highway, transit bill a 'priority'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 24, 2010
Dr. Pete Ruane, president and CEO of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), called the transportation industry to action today in a grassroots speech delivered via video on the association’s Website.
In the address, he urged transportation design and construction professioanls to take advantage of the upcoming July 4 and August congressional breaks to provide to demonstrate strong grassroots support by meeting with their congressional delegations to urge them to make passage of a multi-year, robustly-funded highway and transit bill a priority in 2010.
To provide pertinent information for grassroots efforts, ARTBA has developed the Mobilize Grassroots Action Guide.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier255 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative120 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views