ARTBA: Mobilize to make highway, transit bill a ‘priority’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 24, 2010
Dr. Pete Ruane, president and CEO of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), called the transportation industry to action today in a grassroots speech delivered via video on the association’s Website.
In the address, he urged transportation design and construction professioanls to take advantage of the upcoming July 4 and August congressional breaks to provide to demonstrate strong grassroots support by meeting with their congressional delegations to urge them to make passage of a multi-year, robustly-funded highway and transit bill a priority in 2010.
To provide pertinent information for grassroots efforts, ARTBA has developed the Mobilize Grassroots Action Guide.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River302 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update278 Views