ARTBA: Mobilize to make highway, transit bill a ‘priority’
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 24, 2010
Dr. Pete Ruane, president and CEO of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), called the transportation industry to action today in a grassroots speech delivered via video on the association’s Website.
In the address, he urged transportation design and construction professioanls to take advantage of the upcoming July 4 and August congressional breaks to provide to demonstrate strong grassroots support by meeting with their congressional delegations to urge them to make passage of a multi-year, robustly-funded highway and transit bill a priority in 2010.
To provide pertinent information for grassroots efforts, ARTBA has developed the Mobilize Grassroots Action Guide.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?439 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs399 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges186 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views