ARTBA: Mobilize to make highway, transit bill a 'priority'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 24, 2010
Dr. Pete Ruane, president and CEO of the American Road and Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA), called the transportation industry to action today in a grassroots speech delivered via video on the association’s Website.
In the address, he urged transportation design and construction professioanls to take advantage of the upcoming July 4 and August congressional breaks to provide to demonstrate strong grassroots support by meeting with their congressional delegations to urge them to make passage of a multi-year, robustly-funded highway and transit bill a priority in 2010.
To provide pertinent information for grassroots efforts, ARTBA has developed the Mobilize Grassroots Action Guide.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party446 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views