ARTBA calls for Women Leaders nominations
Amanda Bayhi | April 4, 2013
The American Road and Transportation Builders Association’s (ARTBA) Women Leaders in Transportation Design and Construction (WLDTC) is accepting nominations for its annual awards program until July 12.
The WLDTC Awards honor individuals, companies and public agencies for their innovative efforts in transportation construction and in promoting women leaders in the industry.
The 2013 awards program consists of three categories: The Ethel S. Birchland Lifetime Achievement Award, the Glass Hammer Award and the Future Industry Spotlight Award.
Named after ARTBA’s executive director from the mid-1920s, the Ethel S. Birchland Lifetime Achievement Award is given to at least one woman who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and long-term service in the industry’s public or private sectors.
The Glass Hammer Award honors at least one company in transportation construction for its innovative programs and activities directed at successfully promoting women leaders within their organization.
The Future Industry Spotlight Award recognizes two women students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies at a U.S. college or university. These women must have achieved an outstanding academic record and demonstrated extraordinary leadership skills within and outside the academic environment.
ARTBA membership is not required for nominations.
The deadline for nominations is July 12. To nominate an individual, company or public agency for a WLDTC award, visit artba.org/wltdc-awards.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse473 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views