ARA Insurance Services launches mobile app
Tina Grady Barbaccia | September 21, 2011
What if a rental company’s driver is on the way to deliver equipment to its best customer and is involved in a minor fender-bender – what should the driver do first? What steps need to be followed? Will the equipment arrive on time?
If a rental business is insured by ARA Insurance, the driver can quickly and simply verify the steps to take following an accident via a smartphone, thanks to a just–launched mobile application from ARA Insurance Services.
“The new ARA Insurance app can help rental business owners reduce the stress involved with running their businesses when an insurance matter arises,” Phil Kelling, ARA Insurance president and CEO, said in a written statement. “This one-stop app is like having your own insurance representative there to help you through an accident or incident that may arise.”
Features of the app include the following:
- Ability to report an auto accident claim, liability/equipment claim or building/property claim – including GPS coordinates and photos of the scene.
- Step-by-step guides on what to do if any of these situations occur.
- Ability to order a certificate of insurance or auto ID card directly from the phone.
- Contact information to reach ARA Insurance by phone or email.
The on-site functionality when an accident occurs is the main benefit of the app, Kelling said. “If an accident was to occur and it’s safe to do so, the app will allow you to upload a photo including damage to property or vehicles, skid marks, road debris, slippery conditions or any other evidence of an accident, all while at the scene. That information is crucial to have and the app will provide you will the tools to gather it.”
The free ARA Insurance app is available for Android, iPad and iPhone. It can be downloaded through the Android Market or Apple’s App Store directly through a mobile device.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]939 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong930 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker337 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair296 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction283 Views