APWA announces Top 10 Public Works Leaders
Amanda Bayhi | May 2, 2014
The American Public Works Association (APWA) announced Thursday the winners of the 2014 Top Ten Public Works Leaders awards.
The association presents the award, which began in 1960, to ten public works professionals who have displayed exceptional performance in discharging critical responsibilities in connection to the design, construction, maintenance and/or operation of major public works projects or activities in large and small municipalities.
The following professionals received an award:
Terry Cox, City Manager/City Engineer/Public Works Director, City of Harlan, Iowa
David Derrick, Director of Public Works & Engineering, City of Kissimmee, Fla.
Joseph Fennell, Executive Director, Northwest Suburban Municipal Joint Action Water Agency, Elk Grove Village, Ill.
Ken Grehm, P.E., Director of Public Works, Placer County DPW, Auburn County, Calif.
L. Tracy Mercer, Public Utilities Director, City of Clearwater, Fla.
Lisa Ann Rapp, PWLF, Director of Public Works, City of Lakewood, Calif.
Stephanie Reid, City Engineer, Lincoln City, Ore.
Bonnie Teaford, P.E., Public Works Director, City of Burbank, Calif.
Carl J. Weber, P.E., Director of Public Works, City of Janesville, Wis.
Daniel Woldesenbet, Ph.D., P.E., Director, Alameda County Public Works Agency, County of Alameda, Hayward, Calif.
For more details, visit apwa.net/awards.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier256 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative120 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views