Applications & Innovations
Better Roads Staff
Stopping power is not only dependent on good tires, it’s how well the brakes work. When water, ice and snow are key elements on the road or jobsite, rotors with slots provide better cleaning and drying performance than smooth OEM versions. Higher quality pads also benefit work pickups. Stainless Steel Brakes Corp (SSBC), Disc Brakes of Australia (DBA) and EBC Brakes have special pickup disc brake upgrade packages with rotors and pads.
Good night vision is dependent on the quality of headlights. Replacing stock OE halogen bulbs with HID Xenons can dramatically improve pickup headlight performance without affecting oncoming traffic (when properly adjusted.) PIAA, Phillips and Oracle Lighting Products offer good kits. Choose an HID kit in the 6,000K range for optimum results.
Editor’s Note: This story was especially written for Better Roads by Bruce Smith, editor of our sister publication ProPickup magazine.
MORE FROM Applications & Innovations
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)808 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects605 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D289 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign267 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says265 Views