Anthony Foxx likely to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2013
Anthony Foxx will likely be sworn in as Secretary of Transportation this week, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx is currently the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, and will have to resign when he takes over as U.S. Transportation Secretary.
Outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said on Thursday he intends to remain active in transportation policy making in the future. He added that he would probably split his time between his hometown of Peoria, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., working for nonprofit groups with a focus on safety issues.
LaHood traveled to Colorado on Sunday to speak at the Aspen Institute’s Ideas Festival–his final trip in his official capacity.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion197 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September181 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax108 Views