Anthony Foxx likely to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2013
Anthony Foxx will likely be sworn in as Secretary of Transportation this week, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx is currently the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, and will have to resign when he takes over as U.S. Transportation Secretary.
Outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said on Thursday he intends to remain active in transportation policy making in the future. He added that he would probably split his time between his hometown of Peoria, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., working for nonprofit groups with a focus on safety issues.
LaHood traveled to Colorado on Sunday to speak at the Aspen Institute’s Ideas Festival–his final trip in his official capacity.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident965 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side541 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?505 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes439 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005361 Views