Anthony Foxx likely to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2013
Anthony Foxx will likely be sworn in as Secretary of Transportation this week, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx is currently the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, and will have to resign when he takes over as U.S. Transportation Secretary.
Outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said on Thursday he intends to remain active in transportation policy making in the future. He added that he would probably split his time between his hometown of Peoria, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., working for nonprofit groups with a focus on safety issues.
LaHood traveled to Colorado on Sunday to speak at the Aspen Institute’s Ideas Festival–his final trip in his official capacity.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving352 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice325 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness291 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options279 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget225 Views