Anthony Foxx likely to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2013
Anthony Foxx will likely be sworn in as Secretary of Transportation this week, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx is currently the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, and will have to resign when he takes over as U.S. Transportation Secretary.
Outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said on Thursday he intends to remain active in transportation policy making in the future. He added that he would probably split his time between his hometown of Peoria, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., working for nonprofit groups with a focus on safety issues.
LaHood traveled to Colorado on Sunday to speak at the Aspen Institute’s Ideas Festival–his final trip in his official capacity.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts556 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views