Anthony Foxx likely to be sworn in as Transportation Secretary this week
Amanda Bayhi | July 1, 2013
Anthony Foxx will likely be sworn in as Secretary of Transportation this week, according to a report from The Hill.
Foxx is currently the mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina, and will have to resign when he takes over as U.S. Transportation Secretary.
Outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said on Thursday he intends to remain active in transportation policy making in the future. He added that he would probably split his time between his hometown of Peoria, Illinois, and Washington, D.C., working for nonprofit groups with a focus on safety issues.
LaHood traveled to Colorado on Sunday to speak at the Aspen Institute’s Ideas Festival–his final trip in his official capacity.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]942 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong935 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker339 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair315 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction307 Views