Another Wary Eye on ARRA money
John Latta | January 26, 2010
Guess who is keeping a very sharp eye on ARRA funding?
The IRS, that’s who
According to a story in a recent issue of The Bond Buyer newspaper the tax collection agency’s tax-exempt bond branch has been charged with keeping a close watch on ARRA-authorized bond programs to be sure they are not used beyond their legal limits. With more than $45 billion of these new bonds out there the IRS is a little concerned about the possible loss of future tax revenue if that should happen.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River621 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update338 Views