Another Wary Eye on ARRA money
John Latta | January 26, 2010
Guess who is keeping a very sharp eye on ARRA funding?
The IRS, that’s who
According to a story in a recent issue of The Bond Buyer newspaper the tax collection agency’s tax-exempt bond branch has been charged with keeping a close watch on ARRA-authorized bond programs to be sure they are not used beyond their legal limits. With more than $45 billion of these new bonds out there the IRS is a little concerned about the possible loss of future tax revenue if that should happen.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views