Another Wary Eye on ARRA money
John Latta | January 26, 2010
Guess who is keeping a very sharp eye on ARRA funding?
The IRS, that’s who
According to a story in a recent issue of The Bond Buyer newspaper the tax collection agency’s tax-exempt bond branch has been charged with keeping a close watch on ARRA-authorized bond programs to be sure they are not used beyond their legal limits. With more than $45 billion of these new bonds out there the IRS is a little concerned about the possible loss of future tax revenue if that should happen.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views