Another Wary Eye on ARRA money
John Latta | January 26, 2010
Guess who is keeping a very sharp eye on ARRA funding?
The IRS, that’s who
According to a story in a recent issue of The Bond Buyer newspaper the tax collection agency’s tax-exempt bond branch has been charged with keeping a close watch on ARRA-authorized bond programs to be sure they are not used beyond their legal limits. With more than $45 billion of these new bonds out there the IRS is a little concerned about the possible loss of future tax revenue if that should happen.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse489 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views