Another Wary Eye on ARRA money
John Latta | January 26, 2010
Guess who is keeping a very sharp eye on ARRA funding?
The IRS, that’s who
According to a story in a recent issue of The Bond Buyer newspaper the tax collection agency’s tax-exempt bond branch has been charged with keeping a close watch on ARRA-authorized bond programs to be sure they are not used beyond their legal limits. With more than $45 billion of these new bonds out there the IRS is a little concerned about the possible loss of future tax revenue if that should happen.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure219 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!114 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views