Amtrak names Gerald Sokol, Jr. CFO
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
He will report directly to Amtrak President and CEO Joe Boardman.
Sokol’s responsibilities as CFO will include corporate finance, business forecasting and development of growth strategies.
Most recently, Sokol held the position of president and CEO of Vertis Corporation for just over two years. He was CFO for Vertis in 2010.
Sokol has also worked with AOL, holding positions as executive vice president of AOL Access Finance, Operations Strategy; executive vice president of AOL International Finance and Operations; and senior vice president of AOL International Finance and Operations.
He has also worked in various positions with NTN Communications, Inc., and Tele-Communications, Inc.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident953 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side537 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?504 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes437 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005360 Views