Amtrak names Gerald Sokol, Jr. CFO
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
He will report directly to Amtrak President and CEO Joe Boardman.
Sokol’s responsibilities as CFO will include corporate finance, business forecasting and development of growth strategies.
Most recently, Sokol held the position of president and CEO of Vertis Corporation for just over two years. He was CFO for Vertis in 2010.
Sokol has also worked with AOL, holding positions as executive vice president of AOL Access Finance, Operations Strategy; executive vice president of AOL International Finance and Operations; and senior vice president of AOL International Finance and Operations.
He has also worked in various positions with NTN Communications, Inc., and Tele-Communications, Inc.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River626 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency546 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update339 Views