Amtrak names Gerald Sokol, Jr. CFO
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
He will report directly to Amtrak President and CEO Joe Boardman.
Sokol’s responsibilities as CFO will include corporate finance, business forecasting and development of growth strategies.
Most recently, Sokol held the position of president and CEO of Vertis Corporation for just over two years. He was CFO for Vertis in 2010.
Sokol has also worked with AOL, holding positions as executive vice president of AOL Access Finance, Operations Strategy; executive vice president of AOL International Finance and Operations; and senior vice president of AOL International Finance and Operations.
He has also worked in various positions with NTN Communications, Inc., and Tele-Communications, Inc.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2230 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1257 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project540 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans491 Views
- How to protect roadworkers from hearing loss315 Views