America’s Transportation Awards nominations to open next week
Amanda Bayhi | March 17, 2014
Nominations for the seventh annual America’s Transportation Awards competition will open next week and will remain open until April 11, AASHTO Journal reports.
The competition — hosted by the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), AAA and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce — recognizes the top transportation projects in the U.S. each year.
This year, the competition includes three categories: projects that finish under budget, projects that feature exceptional uses of innovation and projects that improve quality of life and development of communities.
The projects will be judged in three size groups: large (more than $200 million), medium ($26 million to $199 million) and small (less than $25 million).
Projects will compete on a regional level before they move on to the national level, where they compete for the national grand prize and the people’s choice award, both of which AASHTO will announce at its 2014 Annual Meeting in November.
For details about entering the competition, visit americastransportationawards.org.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1268 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers854 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project436 Views
- FDOT removing campaign signs350 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?338 Views