Americans for Transportation Mobility (ATM) Coalition launches ‘Make Transportation #1′ campaign
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 13, 2012
The Americans for Transportation Mobility (ATM) Coalition launched a six figure media campaign Feb. 12, with major financial support from the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA).
NSSGA says that ads will appear in Washington, D.C., key states and districts around the country telling Congress to “Make Transportation Job #1” and pass a highway and transit bill now.
The campaign kicked off with television ads running during the Sunday talk shows and will continue running for three weeks with cable, radio, and online components.
According to a Feb. 13 NSSGA Special Legislative Update report, both the House and Senate are poised to advance bills this week, ahead of the March 31 expiration of the latest extension of the current surface transportation bill — Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU).
“While there are significant differences between the packages, there is strong bipartisan momentum driving these efforts,” NSSGA says in its legislative update, noting that the organization and its coalition partners will continue pushing the Senate and House to pass reauthorization bills and send it to a conference committee that will reconcile the differences.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River621 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs396 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business369 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update337 Views