American Shotcrete Association announces 2010-2011 $3,000 graduate scholarship program
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 17, 2010
The American Shotcrete Association (ASA) is now accepting applications for Graduate Scholarships for the 2010-2011 academic year. The purpose of the ASA Graduate Scholarship Program is to attract, identify, and assist outstanding graduate students pursuing careers in the field of concrete with a significant interest in the shotcrete process.
One scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student attending an accredited college or university within the United States and a second scholarship will be awarded to a graduate student attending an accredited college or university within Canada.
Based on essays, submitted data, and references, the ASA Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the shotcrete industry.
Applications and all required documents must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on September 3, 2010.
All application information and requirements can be found at: www.shotcrete.org/ASAscholarships.htm
ASA is a non-profit organization of contractors, suppliers, manufacturers, designers, engineers, owners, and others with a common interest in promoting and educating the concrete industry on the versatility, quality and economic advantages of the use of shotcrete. For more information about ASA, visit www.shotcrete.org.
MORE FROM Industry
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker273 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges126 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver124 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon119 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase111 Views