American Rental Association announces award winners, being honored Feb. 8
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 11, 2010
The American Rental Association (ARA) recognizes individuals for outstanding service to the Association and the industry each year.
Following is the list of those who will receive awards on Feb. 8 during The Rental Show in Orlando, Fla.:
Meritorious Service Award
Stan Crumbaugh, president of Independence Rent-All, Independence, Mo.,will receive the Meritorious Service Award, which honors an ARA member who has made a significant contribution and demonstrated leadership pivotal to the success of a project or program. Crumbaugh has been an energetic leader of The Rental Show Work Group, established by the ARA board of trustees to research and provide information on innovations for The Rental Show’s short- and long-term future.
He served as chair of this committee in a volunteer capacity and gave much time, effort and leadership to creating a cohesive team with diverse opinions and ideas. His leadership kept the group focused, resulting in significant changes to improve The Rental Show and move the event into the next era of ARA conventions and trade shows. Crumbaugh served as ARA president in 2007 and is a long-time Association volunteer. The Meritorious Service Award will be presented during the keynote session.
Special Service Award
The Special Service Award, also presented at the keynote session, will be awarded toClay Eubanks, president of Takeuchi Manufacturing (U.S.), Pendergrass, Ga. Eubanks was instrumental in assisting ARA with efforts to increase attendance at The Rental
Show 2009 in Atlanta. He went beyond his duties as an ARA board member as he hosted a video promoting Atlanta as a destination city, identified opportunities to market Atlanta, encouraged members to attend The Rental Show and rallied support from general and associate members alike.
Eubanks also has been an upbeat supporter of the rental industry. He completes his term an associate member director on the ARA board at The Rental Show. He is a member of The Rental Show Work Group and also has served on the Exhibitor Advisory and Government Affairs Committees, as well as attended the ARA Legislative Caucus.
Outstanding Leadership Award
Neil DeJong, manager of Industrial Tools and Equipment Rentals, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, will receive the Outstanding Leadership Award during the keynote session. The award honors a member who has provided an example of superlative leadership at the grassroots level. DeJong is being recognized for the work he has done with the Canadian Rental Association (CRA) Ontario association, increasing membership, encouraging volunteer involvement, activating an Ontario next generation group and providing support to both ARA and CRA.
Regional Person of the Year Awards
This award recognizes an individual who has made significant contributions at the regional, state or local level. Awards are presented during the new Regional Breakfasts.
· Region One: Tom Davis, CERP, Are You Ready To Party??, Waterville, Maine
· Region Two: Carol Frederick, Tel-Power Tool and Equipment Rental, Altoona, Pa.
· Region Three: Mark Jones, Gadsden Scaffold Co., Gadsden, Ala.
· Region Four: David Manning, Pioneer Equipment Rental, Durant, Okla.
· Region Five: Glen Benrus, RentalMax Administration Center, Wheaton, Ill.
· Region Six: John Kernan, Ango Kernan Rentals, Overland, Mo.
· Region Seven: Catherine DeBusk, CERP, Party People Rentals, Phoenix.
· Region Eight: Rick Ream, Northwest Insurance Services, Gig Harbor, Wash.
· Region Nine: Steve Anthony, American Event Rentals, Stockton, Calif.
· Region 10: James Morden, RentShop, Alliston, Ontario, Canada.
President’s Image Award
This is a store award that celebrates a commitment to improving the rental industry through a remodeling, rebuilding or renovation project. Awards are given during the Regional Breakfasts.
· Region One: Bret Lagasse, Taylor Rental Center, Orange, Conn.
· Region Four: Andy Jones, Red Hat Rentals, Palestine, Texas.
· Region Four: Ralph Kastner, Tuff Equipment, Hammond, La.
More information on The Rental Show, which is Feb. 7-10, is available at www.TheRentalShow.com.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident981 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side554 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?509 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse484 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views