American Infrastructure wins Award of Excellence for Pennsylvania Turnpike new electronic interchange project
Amanda Bayhi | November 29, 2013
The Allan A. Myers division of American Infrastructure, a construction company and materials supplier, has won the the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter’s Award of Excellence for its work with the Pennsylvania Turnpike new electronic interchange project at Exit 320 in Great Valley, Pennsylvania.
The project added a four-way, all-electronic (EZ-Pass) interchange, which was designed to reduce traffic congestion for the more than 50,000 motorists who travel in the Great Valley area daily.
Among the changes made during the project were construction of four bridges and widening the Turnpike for 3/4 miles.
The chapter presented Allan A. Myers Superintendent Phil Scala with the award at the chapter’s 22nd Annual Awards of Excellence banquet on November 14.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River628 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business372 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update341 Views