American Infrastructure wins Award of Excellence for Pennsylvania Turnpike new electronic interchange project
Amanda Bayhi | November 29, 2013
The Allan A. Myers division of American Infrastructure, a construction company and materials supplier, has won the the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter’s Award of Excellence for its work with the Pennsylvania Turnpike new electronic interchange project at Exit 320 in Great Valley, Pennsylvania.
The project added a four-way, all-electronic (EZ-Pass) interchange, which was designed to reduce traffic congestion for the more than 50,000 motorists who travel in the Great Valley area daily.
Among the changes made during the project were construction of four bridges and widening the Turnpike for 3/4 miles.
The chapter presented Allan A. Myers Superintendent Phil Scala with the award at the chapter’s 22nd Annual Awards of Excellence banquet on November 14.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEOS: Michigan DOT debunks transportation myths with ‘Reality Check’ series890 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?500 Views
- Volvo partners with Lego Group362 Views
- Transportation Secretary Foxx expects next few months to be ‘rough’ for funding talks259 Views
- Doosan launches Tier 4 Final non-DPF compact diesel engines187 Views