American Infrastructure wins Award of Excellence for Pennsylvania Turnpike new electronic interchange project
Amanda Bayhi | November 29, 2013
The Allan A. Myers division of American Infrastructure, a construction company and materials supplier, has won the the Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter’s Award of Excellence for its work with the Pennsylvania Turnpike new electronic interchange project at Exit 320 in Great Valley, Pennsylvania.
The project added a four-way, all-electronic (EZ-Pass) interchange, which was designed to reduce traffic congestion for the more than 50,000 motorists who travel in the Great Valley area daily.
Among the changes made during the project were construction of four bridges and widening the Turnpike for 3/4 miles.
The chapter presented Allan A. Myers Superintendent Phil Scala with the award at the chapter’s 22nd Annual Awards of Excellence banquet on November 14.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views