AMERICAN CONCRETE INSTITUTE ANNOUNCES NEW ACI UNIVERSITY AWARD
Better Roads Staff | January 21, 2010
FARMINGTON HILLS, Mich. (Jan. 14, 2010) – The American Concrete Institute (ACI) announces the new ACI University Award program, designed to recognize universities whose students and faculty are active in ACI and other concrete-related activities.
Throughout 2010, students and faculty from universities can participate in ACI-related activities to earn points towards achieving ACI University Award status. Some eligible activities include student ACI membership, participation in ACI student competitions, attendance at ACI conventions, presence of an active ACI student chapter at the university, and participation in ACI technical, educational, and certification committees.
In January 2011, universities are invited to submit a report to ACI listing the participation in these activities and programs. All universities earning 12 or more points between January 2010 and December 2010 will be recognized for the ACI Excellent University Award, and universities earning 6-11 points during this same time period will be recognized for the ACI Outstanding University Award.
Universities earning ACI University Awards will be recognized during the ACI Spring 2011 Convention in Tampa, Fla., April 3-7, 2011. Those universities will also be featured in ACI’s Concrete International magazine.
For more information on eligible activities and their respective point values, please visit www.UniversityAward.concrete.org.
MORE FROM Press Releases
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving349 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness290 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options274 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget221 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River204 Views