Altralight trailer from Kalyn Siebert focuses on stability, strength, safety
Amanda Bayhi | August 23, 2013
Designed to be stable, strong and safe, the trailer features a dumping angle that keeps all axles on the ground during the fifth stage of dumping, a bathtub design that keeps the center of gravity close to the trailer’s centerline, longitudinal beams that provide extra strength and a tailgate slant that ensures positive closing.
The trailers will be manufactured in Kalyn Siebert’s Gatesville, Texas, facility, which will begin production in the last quarter of this year. The Altralight will be in full production by the second quarter of 2014.
For more information about Kalyn Siebert’s new Altralight trailer, visit heiltrailer.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?383 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views