Alternative fuel-powered Dodge Ram touted as cost-effective transportation industry option
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 6, 2013
A Dodge Ram powered by compressed natural gas (CNG) is wrapped to promote the 2014 Land Investment Expo in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Legendary oil-and-gas entrepreneur T. Boone Pickens, who is working to meet the transportation industry’s need for cost-effective alternative fuels, will deliver a keynote address during the seventh annual event presented by Peoples Company on Jan. 24 in the heart of ag country.
Alternative fuels are making a lot of buzz right now, especially with the recent U.S. energy boom. Although CNG might not quite be progressing at a rapid pace for “yellow iron” construction equipment, many dealers are embracing the alternative fuel for lighter equipment for municipalities as well as smaller equipment and work trucks.
Check out the video to the right to learn about what T. Boone Pickens calls “a Natural Gas Highway.”
Click here for a downloadable PDF with more information about the Land Investment Expo.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker280 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges258 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes227 Views
- Report shows sharp decline in commuting across America199 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards140 Views