AEM: 'President’s Budget Only a Beginning'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 16, 2011
Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) President Dennis Slater issued the follow statement today in response to the President’s budget proposal:
“President Obama’s transportation budget proposal is a good start, as it recognizes that rebuilding and modernizing roads, bridges, and other critical infrastructure would create American jobs and make our nation more competitive with other countries. Unfortunately, however, the proposal falls short by not addressing the crucial issue of how this essential infrastructure investment will be funded, putting in question whether it will ever be approved.
“A long-term transportation policy for the country requires both bipartisan leadership and action. We hope that the budget released yesterday by the White House is an indication that President Obama intends to provide that leadership, and America’s equipment manufacturers stand ready to help. Repairing unsafe roads and bridges and building a surface transportation framework that creates jobs and makes America more competitive is an urgent national priority that cannot wait.”
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views