AEM: 'President’s Budget Only a Beginning'
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 16, 2011
Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) President Dennis Slater issued the follow statement today in response to the President’s budget proposal:
“President Obama’s transportation budget proposal is a good start, as it recognizes that rebuilding and modernizing roads, bridges, and other critical infrastructure would create American jobs and make our nation more competitive with other countries. Unfortunately, however, the proposal falls short by not addressing the crucial issue of how this essential infrastructure investment will be funded, putting in question whether it will ever be approved.
“A long-term transportation policy for the country requires both bipartisan leadership and action. We hope that the budget released yesterday by the White House is an indication that President Obama intends to provide that leadership, and America’s equipment manufacturers stand ready to help. Repairing unsafe roads and bridges and building a surface transportation framework that creates jobs and makes America more competitive is an urgent national priority that cannot wait.”
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes536 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse477 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers137 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views