AEM names inaugural Pillar of the Industry award winners
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 11, 2011
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and its I Make America (IMA) campaign have honored four companies with AEM’s first annual Pillar of the Industry award.
Angus-Palm, Caterpillar Inc., International Construction Equipment and Stone Construction Equipment were recognized “for their outstanding contributions to the people and communities of the equipment manufacturing industry through their extensive I Make America campaign activities”
The companies were honored at the AEM Annual Conference in Aventura, Fla., in early November.
“I Make America’s first year has been a great success thanks to the outstanding support of our AEM member companies. Four of these companies raised the bar of public affairs advocacy and we commend their efforts through these Pillar of the Industry awards,” said Dennis Slater, president of the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM).
“As members of AEM, they exemplify the commitment we need from all manufacturers around the country to send the message to Congress and the White House that our economy is in urgent need of a new manufacturing policy that will create jobs.” The Pillar of the Industry award recipients achieved gold-level status for their participation in the I Make America campaign, including significant employee involvement; outreach to their state, local and federal legislators; and engaging with their communities through social media and traditional media channels.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes530 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse473 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views