AEM commends White House for action on export agreements
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and its member companies commend the White House for taking action on the export agreements for Colombia, Panama and Korea. The White House has transmitted the implementing legislation for the FTAs to Congress.
“These three pro-American export policies are the most important trade legislation to come before Congress in years,” Dennis Slater, president of AEM, said in a press statement. “Eliminating the high tariffs placed on American manufactured goods will create tens of thousands of good paying jobs throughout America and allow our manufacturers to better compete against foreign competition in these vital markets.”
As a critical initiative of AEM’s “I Make America” campaign, the association will work directly and with its industry partners to urge Congress to quickly approve these long awaited agreements. “In this very challenging and partisan political environment, we urge Congress to show the world and millions of unemployed Americans that they can work together to improve the economy and create jobs,” added Slater.
MORE FROM Economics
- VIDEO: Airline surprises passengers by granting Christmas wishes1636 Views
- VIDEO: Massive highway pileup in Milwaukee863 Views
- VIDEO: Construction crew does the Harlem Shake on the jobsite725 Views
- You shouldn’t be a roadbuilder if…488 Views
- Transportation officials break ground on $1.3 billion Highway 91 expansion project in California335 Views