Advanced Drainage Systems opening new plant in South Dakota
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 7, 2012
Corrugated plastic pipe manufacturer Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Watertown, S.D., the company said on May 7. The new plant will be fully operational by late summer 2012.
“We’re seeing enormous demand in the upper Midwest for our entire product line, including single wall agricultural pipe, dual wall storm drain pipe, HP sanitary pipe, storm chambers, sanitary chambers, and many other products,” said Joe Chlapaty, ADS chairman and CEO, said in a written statement.
Watertown will be the company’s third new manufacturing facility in the region. The other new plants are located in Hampton, Iowa and Buxton, N.D.
The new Watertown plant is part of ADS’ $10 million capital investment announced last August to add significant pipe production capacity to the region. After the Watertown, S.D., plant opens, ADS will be operating 55 manufacturing locations worldwide, according to the company.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2274 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1271 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority627 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles601 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project552 Views