Advanced Drainage Systems opening new plant in South Dakota
Corrugated plastic pipe manufacturer Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Watertown, S.D., the company said on May 7. The new plant will be fully operational by late summer 2012.
“We’re seeing enormous demand in the upper Midwest for our entire product line, including single wall agricultural pipe, dual wall storm drain pipe, HP sanitary pipe, storm chambers, sanitary chambers, and many other products,” said Joe Chlapaty, ADS chairman and CEO, said in a written statement.
Watertown will be the company’s third new manufacturing facility in the region. The other new plants are located in Hampton, Iowa and Buxton, N.D.
The new Watertown plant is part of ADS’ $10 million capital investment announced last August to add significant pipe production capacity to the region. After the Watertown, S.D., plant opens, ADS will be operating 55 manufacturing locations worldwide, according to the company.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)461 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views