Advanced Drainage Systems opening new plant in South Dakota
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 7, 2012
Corrugated plastic pipe manufacturer Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Watertown, S.D., the company said on May 7. The new plant will be fully operational by late summer 2012.
“We’re seeing enormous demand in the upper Midwest for our entire product line, including single wall agricultural pipe, dual wall storm drain pipe, HP sanitary pipe, storm chambers, sanitary chambers, and many other products,” said Joe Chlapaty, ADS chairman and CEO, said in a written statement.
Watertown will be the company’s third new manufacturing facility in the region. The other new plants are located in Hampton, Iowa and Buxton, N.D.
The new Watertown plant is part of ADS’ $10 million capital investment announced last August to add significant pipe production capacity to the region. After the Watertown, S.D., plant opens, ADS will be operating 55 manufacturing locations worldwide, according to the company.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges392 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?193 Views