Advanced Drainage Systems opening new plant in South Dakota
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 7, 2012
Corrugated plastic pipe manufacturer Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Watertown, S.D., the company said on May 7. The new plant will be fully operational by late summer 2012.
“We’re seeing enormous demand in the upper Midwest for our entire product line, including single wall agricultural pipe, dual wall storm drain pipe, HP sanitary pipe, storm chambers, sanitary chambers, and many other products,” said Joe Chlapaty, ADS chairman and CEO, said in a written statement.
Watertown will be the company’s third new manufacturing facility in the region. The other new plants are located in Hampton, Iowa and Buxton, N.D.
The new Watertown plant is part of ADS’ $10 million capital investment announced last August to add significant pipe production capacity to the region. After the Watertown, S.D., plant opens, ADS will be operating 55 manufacturing locations worldwide, according to the company.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse463 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes388 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers132 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches74 Views