Advanced Drainage Systems opening new plant in South Dakota
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 7, 2012
Corrugated plastic pipe manufacturer Advanced Drainage Systems (ADS) plans to open a new manufacturing facility in Watertown, S.D., the company said on May 7. The new plant will be fully operational by late summer 2012.
“We’re seeing enormous demand in the upper Midwest for our entire product line, including single wall agricultural pipe, dual wall storm drain pipe, HP sanitary pipe, storm chambers, sanitary chambers, and many other products,” said Joe Chlapaty, ADS chairman and CEO, said in a written statement.
Watertown will be the company’s third new manufacturing facility in the region. The other new plants are located in Hampton, Iowa and Buxton, N.D.
The new Watertown plant is part of ADS’ $10 million capital investment announced last August to add significant pipe production capacity to the region. After the Watertown, S.D., plant opens, ADS will be operating 55 manufacturing locations worldwide, according to the company.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax223 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues112 Views