ACS Valves: Contributes operating efficiency advantages
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 21, 2012
ACS Valves says its new MD series of rotary feeder valves provides material metering that contributes tangible operating efficiency advantages, as well as long-term production and maintenance savings. The feeders are constructed with an eight-vane rotary valve that ensures proper pressure sealing at the inlet and outlet flange, which can reduce compressed air loss by up to 28-cubic-feet per minute/year, a savings of up to $3,600/year.
It contributes additional process efficiency savings with an available variable frequency drive that modulates drive speed and reduces electricity consumption. The feeder design provides long-term production and maintenance savings by reducing total lifecycle maintenance requirements. The series features an outboard bearing design that removes the bearings from the path of damaging and contaminating materials and protects the bearing in high temperatures applications to 750 degrees F, while managing application pressure differentials. The feeders are available in cast iron or cast 304 or 316 stainless steel. Seven valve sizes are available from 4 to 16 inches. Rotor configurations include closed-end, metering, shallow-pocket, Teflon-coated, and adjustable tip.
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts521 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse371 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers114 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views