ACS Valves: Contributes operating efficiency advantages
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 21, 2012
ACS Valves says its new MD series of rotary feeder valves provides material metering that contributes tangible operating efficiency advantages, as well as long-term production and maintenance savings. The feeders are constructed with an eight-vane rotary valve that ensures proper pressure sealing at the inlet and outlet flange, which can reduce compressed air loss by up to 28-cubic-feet per minute/year, a savings of up to $3,600/year.
It contributes additional process efficiency savings with an available variable frequency drive that modulates drive speed and reduces electricity consumption. The feeder design provides long-term production and maintenance savings by reducing total lifecycle maintenance requirements. The series features an outboard bearing design that removes the bearings from the path of damaging and contaminating materials and protects the bearing in high temperatures applications to 750 degrees F, while managing application pressure differentials. The feeders are available in cast iron or cast 304 or 316 stainless steel. Seven valve sizes are available from 4 to 16 inches. Rotor configurations include closed-end, metering, shallow-pocket, Teflon-coated, and adjustable tip.
MORE FROM Economics
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views