ACPA names winners of 22nd Annual ‘Excellence in Concrete Pavement Awards’
Contractor: Emery Sapp and Sons Inc.
Owner: Missouri DOT
Engineer: Bartlett & West
The project at I-470 and Strother Road in Lee’s Summit, Mo., involved the installation of a new diamond underpass interchange with new auxiliary lanes in a previously existing, four lane divided highway.
The new interchange and additional driving lanes serve two functions. First, they relieve traffic congestion. The new lanes provide motorists a convenient way to enter and exit the Interstate (as well as access to nearby Interstate-70 and Interstate-435) without having to find alternate routes. Also, Lee’s Summit Municipal Airport, located just a mile west of the new interchange, gains a new and more direct route to the Interstate system, making non-commercial air travel to the area more convenient. The second benefit of this project is the addition of new east-west municipal roadway that will open up the development of future commercial properties and the connection of city streets that will ease the local traffic flow on the Interstate.
MORE FROM Industry
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)805 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects574 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D288 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign266 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says263 Views