ACPA names Dan C. Keys 2011 Hartmann-Hirschman-Egan Award recipient
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 19, 2011
The American Concrete Pavement Association (ACPA) proudly presented the 2011 Hartmann-Hirschman-Egan Award to Dan C. Keys (retired), president of Berns Construction Co., Indianapolis, Ind.
The award recognizes Keys for the “indelible positive marks he has left on the concrete pavement industry in both the state of Indiana and across the nation.” The award cites his role as both a founder of the Indiana Chapter – ACPA, and as chairman of the American Concrete Pavement Association, including leadership in chartering the National Concrete Pavement Technology Center in 2005.
Keys is the 43rd recipient of the Hartmann-Hirschman-Egan Award since the inception of the award in 1968.
MORE FROM Industry
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts504 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse342 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster115 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views