ACPA ‘Meganar’ on May 12: Smoothness Measures and Specification Challenges
This course will explore the basic definitions and different emphasis on smoothness in highways, roadways, and airport pavements. The program will feature specific modules on pavement smoothness and smoothness measurement equipment and practices.
Meganar 3a. Overview of Pavement Smoothness
· Definitions and current standards
· Highway, roadway, and airport smoothness: Whats the difference?
· International Roughness Index (IRI) and what it means to contractors & agencies
· AASHTO/Agency Calibration and Certification Procedures
Meganar 3a. Smoothness Measurement Equipment
· Smoothness measurement equipment - past and present
· Emerging technologies in smoothness measurement
Meganar 3c. Beyond the Basics of Smoothness
· What are the Issues/Changes in Converting
· How Best to Convert from Profilograph Based to Profile Based
· IRI Specification Ranges: General and Localized Roughness
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT HOURS
The American Concrete Pavement Association offers 3.0 professional development hours (PDH’s) for the completion of this webinar. PDH credits are awarded upon satisfactory completion of a 10-question exam administered after the webinar. Every registered engineer has a personal responsibility to assess the applicability of each element of the program attended to their particular professional development need, and, if appropriate, to maintain a record of qualifying PDH’s for license renewal documentation.
For online registration, go to https://netforum.avectra.com/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=ACPA_ORG&WebCode=EventList&FromSearchControl=Yes.
ACPA EDUCATION & TRAINING FLYER: http://www.acpa.org/Events_and_Programs/Education_and_Training/2011-Program/2011-ACPA-Education-and-Training.pdf.