ACPA ‘Meganar’ on May 12: Smoothness Measures and Specification Challenges
Smoothness Measures and Specification Challenges
There’s still time to register for our Meganar on construction staging and traffic management (ACPA Meganar 3-2011). To register online, please click here. For registration assistance, please contact Debbie Becker at 847.423.8710. (Government employees: You must call or email to receive the special rate.)
DATE & TIME
Thursday, May 12
1 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Eastern) | Noon to 2:00 p.m. (Central) | 10 a.m. to Noon (Pacific)
(This is a 3-hour module. ACPA encourages participants to allow 30 minutes extra for questions and administrative details.)
This Meganar will focus on the topic of concrete pavement smoothness, one of the most challenging issues facing agencies and contractors alike.
The course will cover smoothness measurement, and is intended to provide basic definitions; an overview of smoothness measurement equipment and instruments; current and emerging technologies; and information about incentives, specs, and measurement tips and techniques.
Note: Be sure to check the course description for Meganar 4, the companion module for this program. Meganar 4, “Smoothness Measures and Specification Challenges – Part II ” will deal with smoothness measurement tips and techniques.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
Agencies, construction managers, superintendents, foremen, QC/QA managers, estimators, consultants, personnel responsible for pavement smoothness testing, and others with an interest pavement smoothness testing.
- Larry Scofield, P.E., Director of Pavement Innovation, American Concrete Pavement Association, Mesa, Ariz.
- Dennis Scott, President, Surface Smoothness & Instruments, LLC (SSI), Mill Valley, Calif.
MORE FROM Event Calendar
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects475 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)475 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports428 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign261 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says256 Views