ACI Fall Convention to Bridge Theory & Practice in Cincinnati
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 24, 2011
In congruence with the Fall Convention’s theme, Bridging Theory and Practice will bring together engineers, architects, contractors, educators, manufacturers, and material representatives to collaborate on concrete codes, specifications and standards. Intended to deliver real world applications for emerging trends and industry topics the convention will feature 300+ committee meetings, 30+ technical sessions, two technical tours, an industry trade exhibition, networking opportunities and more.
Student events include the new ACI Career Fair for Students and Young Professionals, Student Pervious Cylinder Competition and Student Project Competition Presentation, the Student and Young Professional Networking event and Student Lunch.
All attendees are encouraged to share their expertise and get involved in any of the committee meetings offered at the convention. Attendee participation in committees is essential in advancing the quality, safety, efficiency, and profitability of the concrete industry.
The convention will be held at the Millennium Hotel and Duke Energy Convention Center. The Millennium Hotel is offering reduced sleeping room rates for convention attendees based on availability. Attendees who register for the convention by Sept. 18, 2011 will receive reduced registration rates.
To learn more about the convention sessions and events please visit www.aciconvention.org.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River627 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency540 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs398 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business366 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update340 Views