Ace Torwel redesigns Economizer gas-over-hydraulic pick-up truck spreaders
Amanda Bayhi | October 25, 2013
The spreaders are available in 1.3-, 1.7-, 2.5-, and 3.0-cubic-yard models and feature a feature stainless steel or painted 14-gauge steel construction.
A 5.5-horsepower Honda gas engine with electric start powers the the economizer gas-over-hydraulic spreaders, while the in-the-cab control panel helps control the flow of material. The control panel includes electric start, choke, throttle and conveyor controls and adjustable material deflectors. An optional 12-inch chute extension is also available.
Other features include hydraulic drive that offers smooth fluid power; self-adjusting conveyor tensioner that helps performance and chain life; built-in overload protection; and installation parts such as a heavy-duty woven top screen top, 12-volt battery and box, tie-down straps and wood runners.
Options include 304 stainless steel, a 12-inch chute extension, replacement spinner disks, a headboard (cab shield), and an inverted “V” design (conveyor bridge).
MORE FROM New Road Products
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views